Poison Control Information from the National Library of Medicine
NOTE: Do not use these resources for poisoning emergencies. Call your local Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.
If the victim has collapsed or is unconscious, call 911.
- Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB)
- Comprehensive, peer-reviewed toxicological data and other information on chemicals
- Excerpts from published literature on poison control information may be found in the Emergency Medicine Treatment (data from Micromedex- PoisIndex) section
- TOXicology Literature OnLINE
- References from the toxicology literature, including MEDLINE/PubMed and meeting abstracts
- Rapid identification of unknown tablets/capsules using physical features and images
- Household Products Database
- Safety and health information for products used in and around the home
- Drugs and Lactation Database
- Includes maternal and infant drug levels, possible effects on infants, and alternate drugs to consider
- Information on liver injury caused by drugs, herbals and dietary supplements, including diagnosis, management and a registry of clinical case reports