SIS Home > News
News from the Specialized Information Services Division
Conference Exhibit Schedule
SIS staff will be available at these meetings and conferences.
Disaster Information Management Research Center10/31/2014
Changes to CHEMM (Chemical Hazards Emergency Management)
CHEMM has been updated and enchanced to include the following:
- Updated and enhanced content on Decontamination Procedures, Discovering the Event, and Training and Education,
- An NIH CounterACT program funded database with information on twenty-two medical countermeasures,
- Content for how emergency responders can recognize and handle events dealing with toxic gases generated by the combinations of consumer products or common household chemicals,
- A workshop report describing toxic chemical syndromes, or toxidromes, that lays the foundation for a consistent lexicon for use in CHEMM and for other uses that, if adopted widely, will improve response to chemical mass exposure incidents,
- A toxidromes outreach plan whose goal is to raise widespread awareness and encourage use of the toxidromes throughout the stakeholder community, and
- An evaluation and validation plan for CHEMM's Intelligent Syndromes Tool (CHEMM-IST) that, once completed, will move CHEMM-IST from its current state as a prototype to a product ready for use in an operational response environment.
Environmental Health & Toxicology
New TOXNET workbook
The TOXNET and Beyond: Using The NLM Environmental Health and Toxicology Portal (PDF, 8.8 MB) workbook has been updated to match the redesigned TOXNET system of databases.8/28/2014
New Agents added to Haz-Map
NLM updated Haz-Map with 497 agents. It now contains 10,133 biological and chemical agents.
Customer Survey for the NLM HIV/AIDS Portal begun
Visit the News Archive for earlier announcements.