SIS Home > News
News from the Specialized Information Services Division
Conference Exhibit Schedule
SIS staff will be available at these meetings and conferences.
Disaster Information Management Research Center10/31/2014
Changes to CHEMM (Chemical Hazards Emergency Management)
CHEMM has been updated and enchanced to include the following:
- Updated and enhanced content on Decontamination Procedures, Discovering the Event, and Training and Education,
- An NIH CounterACT program funded database with information on twenty-two medical countermeasures,
- Content for how emergency responders can recognize and handle events dealing with toxic gases generated by the combinations of consumer products or common household chemicals,
- A workshop report describing toxic chemical syndromes, or toxidromes, that lays the foundation for a consistent lexicon for use in CHEMM and for other uses that, if adopted widely, will improve response to chemical mass exposure incidents,
- A toxidromes outreach plan whose goal is to raise widespread awareness and encourage use of the toxidromes throughout the stakeholder community, and
- An evaluation and validation plan for CHEMM's Intelligent Syndromes Tool (CHEMM-IST) that, once completed, will move CHEMM-IST from its current state as a prototype to a product ready for use in an operational response environment.
Environmental Health & Toxicology
TOXMAP now includes EPA coal plant emissions data
TOXMAP beta now includes 2013 coal emissions data published by the US EPA's Clean Air Markets program. Data was obtained from the Air Markets Program Data (AMPD) tool, a publicly-available data system for searching and downloading data collected as part of EPA's emissions trading programs.11/5/2014
New TOXNET workbook
The TOXNET and Beyond: Using The NLM Environmental Health and Toxicology Portal (PDF, 8.8 MB) workbook has been updated to match the redesigned TOXNET system of databases.8/28/2014
New Agents added to Haz-Map
NLM updated Haz-Map with 497 agents. It now contains 10,133 biological and chemical agents.
Customer Survey for the NLM HIV/AIDS Portal begun
Visit the News Archive for earlier announcements.