NLM Disaster Health Information
Outreach and Collaboration Projects
- The National Library of Medicine through its Disaster Information Management Research Center and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine has provided funding support for outreach and collaboration projects related to disaster health information. These projects are intended to improve disaster medicine and public health information access for health professionals, first responders, community members, and others (paid or volunteer) that play a role in health-related disaster preparedness, response and recovery. Emphasis is on providing information or access to health and medical information in a way useful to the target audiences, and increasing the awareness and utilization of high-quality, professional-level online medical and public health information resources on disaster, all-hazards, and emergency topics including resources from the National Library of Medicine. The projects are also intended to promote new and creative collaborations on disaster health information needs among and to the mutual benefit of librarians, information specialists, or informationists and the disaster workforce.
- Current Funding Solicitations
- Disaster Health Information Outreach and Collaboration Projects 2015
This solicitation is now closed.
- Funded Projects
- Disaster Information Specialist Pilot Project Partners, 2008-2010
DIMRC initiated a pilot project in 2008 to explore the role of librarians as disaster information specialists within their healthcare institutions. The five original partners of the Disaster Information Specialist Pilot were:
- National Institutes of Health, NIH Library, Bethesda, MD
- National Naval Medical Center, Darnall Biomedical Learning Resource Center (formerly Edward Rhodes Stitt Library), Bethesda, MD
- New York University School of Medicine, Frederick L. Ehrman Medical Library, New York, NY
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Bishopric Medical Library, Sarasota, FL
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, James A. Zimble Learning Resource Center, Bethesda, MD
- Suburban Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, Medical Library, Bethesda, MD (This library has closed.)