HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects 2012 (RFP No. NLMLM2012384 B and No. NIHLM2012371 A)
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is pleased to announce the solicitation of proposals from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
Projects must involve one or more of the following information access categories:
- Information retrieval;
- Skills development;
- State-of-the-art resources;
- Resource development.
NLM is particularly interested in involving the affected community in the development of these projects. Emphasis will be placed upon small businesses and the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these projects:
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS related serves to the affected community;
- Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services; and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
Awards are offered for up to $40,000
Proposals are due to NLM on Wednesday, June 20, 2012.
The solicitation for the 2012 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects is posted on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site (www.fbo.gov). Small Businesses can apply to a specific set-aside: (NIHLM2012371 A).
Primary Point of Contact:
Keturah D. Busey, Contract Specialist
Secondary Point of Contact:
Shari E. Shor, Contracting Specialist
Please Note: Refer to the Federal Business Opportunities (www.fbo.gov) Web site for notices, updates, and modifications to the HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Project 2012 RFP.